Thursday 1 September 2011

Frame and others bits!

After waiting a while to get a fixed gear bike, I can say I'm well on my way. Frame/forks/headset arrived after the guy who I bought it off, kindly delivered it to my house so I could get building quicker, which was pretty awesome of him to do. Makes me realises even more that people involved with these bikes are genuine people and actually give a shit. I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the frame. It needs a new coat of paint as it was stripped down by him to the bare metal and the cable lugs sanded down for a nice smooth finish. I have thought about spraying it myself and taking my time or having it professionally done at a local place for £60. I think that is good for a full respray of the frame and forks, using top quality primer and top coat. Gonna sleep on it, but I think I know what I'll do. Since the headset that came with it is decent enough and has new bearings, I'll get the LBS to fit it correctly, just so I know it's done well. Been scouring eBay and other sites to find some bargain parts. So far I've bought a new chain (bit stronger than what I've got now), nice new crankset from espresso, charge bullhorn handlebars & kalloy brushed silver quill stem. Got them for decent prices and still got some more money to come from selling other bits, so purchasing a shiny new set of wheels is next on the list. Still cannot decide which ones to go for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home