Thursday 1 December 2011

It has been a while...

I have finally got my fixed gear bike up and running and I'm loving it. Haven't had it out for a long ride or anything strenuous, but what I have done has backed up why I wanted to ride fixed. I'm sure every rider has their own view, but I think the main one we all share, whether freestyle riding or just riding track/road, it's the freedom you have and the fact you can concentrate just on riding.

My parts/frame aren't the most expensive and I'm sure they will break and wear down, so I can replace them with better ones and keep advancing. For now I just want to ride and get as many riders in the area together on regular meets and rides. Winter is a bit of a crap time, with the gale force wind we have recently up north (deep v rims are a bad choice), and the threat of snow, but I'm sure we'll get something together.

You should all check out FURY Magazine's first issue, which was launched today. I've subscribed, downloaded and had a read. It is pretty fucking good to be honest. I don't ride freestyle, but I do enjoy watching people ride and photographing them and this magazine is a real tribute to it. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the magazine will go and how it will evolve as the fixed scene does in the UK. We need more of these magazines and to firmly seal our little place in the cycling world, which FURY magazine is really helping to do.

Enough of me rabbiting on, go get your download!!!
http://issuu.com/furymagazine/docs/fury_issue_01_edited

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home