Monday 5 December 2011

God and Fixed Gear

Yes, you're wondering what the heck I am going on about and no, I have not suddenly become religious whilst riding fixed.

BBC2 have included a fixed-gear-riding-teacher into their cast of Rev - a comedy about an inner city London vicar. The sad thing is that he is actually killed by a lorry after falling off his bike.

It made me think about fixed gear breaking into the mainstream - with Argos taking a punt with their bike, fashion shoots based around the bikes, 42x12 book making it to HMV (spotted by Ty from thefootdown.co.uk) and of course hollywoods own Premium Rush.

I think the coming months, especially in the UK, it will give us all an idea of what is going to happen with the mainstream trend. Maybe nothing at all and I'm presuming the worst, but it definitely will be interesting.

My girlfriend actually spotted this on Rev, so credit goes out to her (not sure if she reads this).

Godbless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home